Anyway, I've been meaning to take pictures of some of the things we make in the kitchen, and since shortbread only gets done once a year, I decided I better get the camera out and take some pictures.
Would you believe, I ate only ONE cookie during this entire photo shoot?!!! (Yes it was VERY difficult!!!!!)
This is my Grandma Broughton's recipe and they are absolutely the best ever Shortbread!!! I think the only thing better might be to use all butter instead of the called-for white crisco, but I haven't tried that yet.
Here's the recipe for anyone interested:
Gramma's Shortbread
1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. white crisco cream(mix) both together until smooth
1/2 corn starch
1 3/4 c. flour(all purpose)
1/2 c. icing sugar Sift these 3 together until well blended
Mix both parts together well (can knead). Might want to chill in frig for an hour if you want to make balls and press flat. Place on parchment paper on cookie sheet. These do not spread much so it’s best to form into the desired shape before baking. Do not grease cookie sheet.
1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. white crisco cream(mix) both together until smooth
1/2 corn starch
1 3/4 c. flour(all purpose)
1/2 c. icing sugar Sift these 3 together until well blended
Mix both parts together well (can knead). Might want to chill in frig for an hour if you want to make balls and press flat. Place on parchment paper on cookie sheet. These do not spread much so it’s best to form into the desired shape before baking. Do not grease cookie sheet.
Bake at 325F, in middle of oven, for about 15 min. (Calgary altitude adjustment: 18 to 19 minutes). (Until just golden). Cool. Eat. Yummy!