Sunday, April 17, 2011

Theme of the Week - Sign Language

I have to try to get some video of this because it is so frigging cute!!!  But the last couple of weeks, Brenna is starting to do her baby sign language with us!!  I've used several signs with her since she was about 5 months old, but one has really caught on and I only introduced it very recently.  The sign for milk.  I started using it to refer to nursing, but she has caught on to it meaning eating in general.  So now, whether she's eating food or nursing, she periodically gives us the sign that she is eating.  It's so very cute.  I find it so neat to get a glimpse into some of her thoughts... at that moment when she starts to sign she is thinking of eating.  It's so darling. 

She's also waving bye bye a lot now.  And I think maybe using a few words?  Definitely says Mammm a lot, but also said ga-ga while clingy to Gramma's leg today.  Could that have meant Gramma?  Or just coincidence?

Ah well I have more to say but must must must get to sleep!!!