The last couple of weeks have been a huge progression of new development, I don't even know where to start!! Suddenly, Brenna's world has gone from random chaos to the channeling of creative energy. But not just channeling creative energy, she's also inputing information and responding creatively.
Before: Playing with Toys - Most interesting when toys were put away, she would go through the toy containers, and one by one take things out and throw them on the floor behind her. When she was done, she'd turn around, pick the toys up, and throw them in the other direction behind her!
Now: She'll take toys out but she'll also put them back in the box! I actually didn't think this would ever happen cuz I've tried to show her that since she first started using her hands!!
Before: We'd build towers for her to knock down.
Now: We still do that, but she also builds towers now!
She'll actually spend tons of time just sorting things. She got really into playing with the little chocolate easter eggs over the weekend, and she just put them from one bowl into another and back again. Today when she found them again at Gramma and Grampa's, and started to throw them on the floor, I quickly asked for another bowl and sure enough, back and forth between bowls was such great fun! Then later, same thing with a cup of pens. Out and on the floor and then in the mouth, so I grabbed another container, and back and forth we went from one back to the other. And was I amazed at the precision she has now in controlling her hands. No longer is it a randomish in general direction toss the item. No,,, instead she diligently points the pen and places it perfectly among the other pens!!
Tonight during bedtime story, Nathan was pleased to show me that she could follow along the story, and at the right time with the prompts, she could lift the little flaps that hide the little animals, and then place them back again. Before it was a random tug and pull at things, but now it's at a prompt in a specific deliberate manner!
And every day she shows more and more that she knows what we are talking about. She's been with it for a while, but seriously, just in the last few days especially, she is really synthesizing and acting on verbal information! It's exponentially increasing each day, literally just since Sunday!! I was so endeared today when I placed her on little bench in the garden at my parent's house, and of course she immediately started to crawl but I warned don't fall, and she looked at me and then sat still for a good 10 minutes while we chattered and I handed her flowers and leaves.
Oh and she's so good with musical instruments too... Gramma gave her her first harp lesson today and she played happily for the other Grandparents who are here visiting. She enthralled us all!!!
And so funny... she loves to push around little toy trucks, trains, and a plane we have for her. Well sunday night (Easter sunday) we get home and she's pushing it around making what I thought was a frustrated noise, but when I looked closer, she was making a play noise for the plane!! She must have learned it from one of my nephews earlier that day. Oh it was so cute!!
Well I have tons more to say... I hardly get time to blog anymore so I have lots of catching up to do. Wish me luck with that but for now, I better get some sleep!! The chievious will be up for another busy day before I know it!!!