Saturday, February 12, 2011

Theme of the week - Standing!

Yes, pulling herself up and standing, all over the place!!  No it's not good enough to just sit and play, or get up on knees, if there is room at all, it's on the feet!  At her potty, against the couch, to look in boxes, and even to give me kisses, she's getting on her feet as much as she possibly can, and I can't help but thinking, isn't this a little soon?  After all, she's my little baby... supposed to be laying helplessly on the floor cooing and playing with her feet!!

Oh, and I almost forgot, along with standing, she is climbing everything she can!  Up the first stair, onto the mattress, she climbed onto her change table, and even onto the upside down toy box at Gramma and Grampa's house, so of course now that is not her toy box anymore for a while so that she doesn't hurt herself!
And... she fell down a stair!!  I was blow drying my hair and hadn't realized she was going up, (it's one stair and then a platform before turning a corner to go up more stairs).  Well suddenly I heard a thump and a cry, and though she wasn't hurt, she was spooked, and frozen in place to make sure I could see what had happened!!  The look on her face was heartbreakingly urgent, but once picked up, she decided she was okay.  Okay enough in fact, to try going up the stair again!  So it is now blocked with boxes!!