Monday, February 7, 2011

Making Friends

I've been looking for some good Mediterranean recipes since it's the type of food Nathan can handle best with all his allergies.  So this afternoon Brenna and I went into the local Indigo to see if we could find a good recipe book.  While there, I took her into the kids section, and let her crawl around on the floor for a while.

Well this really cute little girl came by.  She was 4 going on 5 (but didn't know when her birthday is!), and she actually looked a lot like Brenna, just older.  Well Brenna was quite taken with her.  She watched her with wide eyes, and then started to crawl after her when she moved about the room.  It didn't take long before the little girl was equally taken with Brenna!  Her eyes shone brightly as she reached out her hand, and Brenna reached back to take it.  They were fast friends!!  And oh were they ever cute!!

I couldn't help but marvel at how different, how grown up this little girl was!  She talked like such a little grown up as she thoughtfully checked out the books and talked with Brenna.  It's hard to imagine that my little crawling baby will be walking and talking like that in just a few years!

And oh, poor Chievious was actually heart broken when it was time to go home!  She cried bitterly when we went to leave.  That was a first!... She's really on the ball now with knowing what is going on and what she wants!

And did I mention, she's just the sweetest little thing!!!