Saturday, October 23, 2010

Playdate with Grissom

Brenna had her first playdate with another baby today. Nathan's old friend Mel, who now lives in Ottawa with her husband Olaf and son Grissom, is in town with Grissom so we had a get together. Grissom has just turned 10 months, and is quite the cutey! I first met Mel this past Easter when I was still quite pregnant, and it was interesting at the time for Nathan and I to hear about her and Olaf's experiences with a baby. We don't have any other friends in the area who have babies so this was new. I remember at the time, watching Mel and Olaf with their then 3month old, and wondering if I would ever be able to keep my energy up enough to look after my own baby. (thankfully, YES!!)

So today, Grissom impressed us with sophisticated big-baby ways!! He reached steadily and purposefully for things, and his head did not bob like Brenna's does. He smiled readily and sported his little teeth! And then proceeded to put food into his mouth and eat it (which surprised both Nathan and I!). Later, he showed Brenna how to skillfully crawl around, and even took some time to pull himself up and walk around the coffee table! (I was careful to tell Brenna that she needn't think about moving around so much just yet... we are not yet ready for such a mobile baby!!!)

Here are some pictures from our afternoon...