Friday, January 14, 2011

Theme of the Week - CRAWLING

She's officially crawling!!!  And I can't decide if it's been more of a learning curve for her or me!  It's so funny to watch her face... just when I think she should look impressed and proud with herself, she's all poker faced like this is normal and old hat.  She has after all been working toward this since she was born!  But then, she'll get an idea in her head, something she wants to go check out, and she'll eagerly launch into her little crawl with hands slapping on the floor and a big giggle as she goes!!!  Oh too cute!!!

But learning curve for me... well the first day of her mobility, I tell you I didn't even get a bite to eat until dinner time!  She was into mischief left right and center, and the second I got her out of one thing, she was onto the next!  I did try to have some food, but if I was close enough she'd grab at it, and if I wasn't close enough, she'd grab at something else, and while I busies myself removing the said unsafe item, she'd been into yet another!  Suffice it to say, I did not let Nathan get to bed that night without baby proofing the main area as much as currently possible!!  Many things are now hiding behind doors in the other room, the jolly jumper frame blocks the drawers of the pantry from opening, and the love seat is angled at such a way that she can't get behind it, so we also hide things behind there!  Life has been quite a bit easier since!!

I have to admit I had quite fun watching Nathan deal with her tonight... he'd left the broom and dust pile out, and had other things in piles (we're in chaos trying to pack for the move), and she went for the dust with a great giggle of glee!  He laughed, caught her just in time, proceeded to clean up while she then dumped his pile of stuff so he reached for the things and she succeeded in getting the broom!!!

Well, videos are coming, but slowly since, yes, we are in chaos with the big move at hand.  Saturday at noon, we have our first buyer coming so we're trying to get show ready by then!  Wish us luck!!!