Monday, November 22, 2010

Studio Lights

We've been talking about getting some studio lights for quite a while now.  We even ordered some back in July, but alas there is such a demand on them that we're still waiting.  Well when I found out they were going to be at least mid december before chance of shipping, I decided I couldn't wait anymore.  Brenna is starting to sit and is at prime photo-taking stage, and I just don't want to miss it so we went down to the camera store on the weekend to try out some lights.  This set is not as good of a deal as what we'd ordered, but they're pretty close in price.  If we love them, we'll keep them and cancel the other order.

So here's what we've gotten out of them with a preliminary try...





Wow, how easy was that?!!!  All the effort we always put into getting crisp images, and this is far crisper than anything we've done yet!!  This will bode us well for stock photography too!

And don't you just love the catch lights in her eyes?  Beautiful!! :)








Hehe, the tongue is in place!!  At least with the tongue, she doesn't drool much anymore!







Cutie Pie!





Nice skin tones, no harsh shadowing.  Not even glare in Nathan's glasses!!


So that was yesterday.  Today we put up the white backdrop, and though I had some trouble with exposure which I had to fix with the RAW files, here are the results.
 
Not too sure what all this is about...
...but I got my ball and I'm sitting all by myself!!!























I need to look into different styled white backdrops.  Notice in the picture above, the cloth that Brenna is on is shifting and wrinkling... that was difficult to work with.  I'll need something more solid to put her on.



Wondering how we pulled this off in the condo?  Yes it was pretty tight!!!